Renewable Energy Solutions
Manage Costs while Paving the Way for Growth
Microsoft Dynamics GP provides rich functionality that can be rapidly deployed with minimal upfront investment. This is vital for growing Renewable Energy solution manufacturers that are aggressively investing capital in product development and market expansion. As your company expands and software requirements become more demanding, your Dynamics GP solution grows with you.
In our experience working with Renewable Energy Manufacturers, the initial need is for a more streamlined production process. Flexibility to utilize outsource providers is also very common in the industry. This typically entails the use of the following modules:
- Work Order Management and Routing – Track detailed production costs and manage work orders more efficiently. Integrated sales and production processes support flexible, efficient make-to-order and configure-to-order environments. Integrating production with forecasting functionality significantly improves accuracy in build-to-forecast environments.
- Bill of Material (BOM) Management – Maintain complete and consistent assembly information. Manage materials, labor, and machine time more precisely, including cost and routing sequences.
- Contract Manufacturer Integration – Generate purchase orders for outsourced services based on manufacturing orders. Track shipment details and outsourcing costs precisely.
As your manufacturing line grows and automation becomes imperative for scalability, the addition of the following module functionality is recommended:
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) – Help reduce stock outages, drive down inventory costs and streamline the production process with a comprehensive MRP solution. Material Requirements Planning empowers you to adjust procurement and production with greater precision ensuring proactive planning and educated procurement decisions.
- Quality Assurance (QA) – Implement tight control of the quality verification process, helping to ensure that products consistently meet or exceed customer expectations. Achieve high loyalty by providing customers with detailed information on the quality assurance testing conducted for the products being manufactured for them.
- Engineering Change Management (ECM) – Engineering Change Management provides management with easy ways to collect, organize and review changes to orders before they're authorized. Adjust processes and components to improve your products, introduce new technology and accommodate customer changes while minimizing the implementation effort required.
- Job Costing – Job Costing enables you to maximize profitability by delivering functionality to capture all costs when they occur and consolidating them in one location that is easy to access and manage. The end result is a comprehensive view of production profitability that enables manufacturers to accurately manage their jobs.
Profitability Analysis for Increased Competition
As any Renewable Energy Manufacturer knows, the completion is fierce. Increased pressure from offshore competition, uncertainty over continued government incentives and frugality from a pinched consumer lends to tight margins. To ensure product profitability, comprehensive analytics and metrics are essential. In addition, workflow processes to facilitate the authorization of sales quotes will ensure pricing thresholds are being maintained.
- Analytics and Executive Dashboards – Deliver operational management reporting over the web using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services. The Dynamics GP Business Portal includes executive dashboards and corporate KPIs.
- Workflow – For enforcing standard operating procedures where multiple people and complex interdependencies exist, Dynamics GP integrates with the highly configurable Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS) workflow engine.